If you are a ‘candle lover’ used to burning paraffin candles we want you to know that there are some things that won’t happen when you decide to burn a Honey Candles® pure beeswax candle. Here’s what’s different when you burn beeswax instead of paraffin.
- You won’t smell that familiar petroleum tarry scent of paraffin when you light a beeswax candle. Instead you will smell the delicate scent of natural sweet honey. Beeswax comes that way naturally and no artificial additives or scent can replicate that.
- You will find that a pure beeswax candle burned in an environment without drafts and properly trimmed won’t drip. Paraffin may burn without dripping as well but not without additives. These additives make a candle ‘act’ more like a beeswax candle and will be less likely to drip.
- Beeswax candles won’t burn up quickly. You will be amazed how long they last. Honey Candles® beeswax candles have no additives and they burn a very long time naturally. This is a quality of pure beeswax that paraffin can only imitate by using additives.
- Beeswax candles will not go rancid. I don’t believe paraffin candles will either. But soy wax candles and palm wax candles will go rancid unless they are laced with preservatives. I suspect this is likely why most palm wax and soy wax candles are highly scented -so you don’t smell how rancid they are!
- If the wicks are properly trimmed on beeswax candles and they are burned in a draft-free environment there won’t be a sticky soot residue left on your walls or furniture. I had a customer, Brenda from Abbotsford BC say to me once, “I just finished painting my house. I had to paint the ceiling three times because it was so stained from soot from burning paraffin candles. I am only burning beeswax candles from now on. They burn so much longer than paraffin and so much cleaner.”
- You are unlikely to have an allergic reaction to burning beeswax candles which makes them great for asthma and allergy suffers.
Candle lovers often become beeswax candle lovers. The benefits - besides being able to enjoy the beautiful amber glow of a beeswax candle and relax with the warm sweet honey scent you are supporting beekeepers. The beekeepers need to stay in business to nurture and care for the bees that pollinate our fruits and vegetables. Pretty sweet all way round! And think of all the toxic paraffin fumes you won't be breathing!
Beeswax Honey Candles® are made in Canada of pure Canadian beeswax from the western provinces.
Photo by Marlie Marchewka