Our little friend the Honey Bee is more significant than most would think. With out them buzzing around to pollinate the world’s supply of crops, we would lose 1/3 of all food produced including fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds and even fibres such as cotton. With that being said let me put this into perspective:
- If you love fruit pies such as apple, and blueberry, you better find a substitute
- Have a soft spot for cotton T-shirts and bedding? Can’t any more.
- Parents will never be able to use this threat again: “Eat all of your vegetables Tommy, or no dessert”
- Planning a wedding? What will your bouquets and centrepieces be without flowers?
- What would you put in your tea if there were no honey to make it a little sweeter?
- When cold season rolls around, what natural remedy will replace honey and echinacea?
- The deserts would no longer home their famous plant: the cacti
- Cattle would no longer have alfalfa to eat- say good bye to steak dinners
- If you’re making moms famous butter tarts, you couldn’t put the pecans in the bottom
- Citrus lovers will have to have a citrus free diet
- You could no longer enjoy burning 100% Pure Beeswax Honey Candles- soy or paraffin anyone?
Paints a pretty bleak world doesn’t it?