This Earth Hour Show your environmental commitment and light Honey Candles® 100% Pure Beeswax.
Earth Hour is Saturday March 31st 8:30pm
What is Earth Hour?
The first Earth Hour took place in Sydney Australia in 2007. It has now become a global phenomenon. The purpose of Earth Hour is to draw attention to climate change and unite in darkness for the future our planet (if only for an hour!) Each year Earth Hour gets bigger and over 128 Countries participate. It is quite a sight to see monuments such as the CN Tower and Golden Gate Bridge with their lights off. Toronto looks quite different in the above photo.
What Can you do?
You can organize a group event with your business, school or other local groups or participate in Earth Hour at home. All you have to do is turn out your lights! If you can, burn 100% pure beeswax candles instead of paraffin candles during Earth Hour. Paraffin is a by-product of fossil fuel production (basically the sludge from the bottom of an barrel of oil, the fumes are like inhaling exhaust fumes from a car) and is also very toxic to your health. Avoid fragranced and artificially colored candles since they are known to cause allergies and are considered hazardous neurotoxins. Opt for all natural 100% pure beeswax candles instead...
Beyond the Hour
Earth Hour is supported by the WWF (World Wildlife Foundation). Honey Candles® invites Earth Hour participants to "Go Beyond the Hour" and integrate Earth Hour into daily life by being more environmentally conscious day to day.
- Switch all your paraffin and artificially scented candles to Honey Candles®. If you want to find us locally please email firstname.lastname@example.org for stores in your area or phone 1.800.558.7292
- Light natural beeswax candles around your house during Earth Hour and enjoy the warm amber glow and all natural honey scent
- Have a quiet dinner by candlelight once a week
- Light natural beeswax candles instead of turning on the lights in your home a couple times a week (and save on your electric bill)
- Read by candlelight - it is very relaxing
- Urge your favorite spa and restaurants to switch to natural beeswax candles
- Support the beekeeping industry by purchasing beeswax and bee related products