Has this happened to you? You’ve got several beautiful beeswax pillar candles set up on a shelf or mantle and when you were dusting them they came crashing down onto the floor and now have big dents on the tops. I know some of you out there are saying, I wouldn’t do that but it sounds like something my cat would do. Or it might be your helpful children.
Regardless of how the beeswax pillars ended up on the floor with indentations in them we want to make you feel better about the damage. All is not lost. If it is just dents and quarter moon shaped bruises a little heat from your hand can smooth the worst of it out. Heat from a hair dryer will help too. They will still burn well and after a few hours of burning your damaged pillar, the dents will be consumed and the candle will look just fine. If you had already been burning a pillar previously that subsequently fell then there may be a chip or two of beeswax knocked out if they had a mantle of wax around the top. You can always slowly feed small bits of these back into the wide wax pool that forms after a few hours of burning a beeswax pillar.
We have found that some of the best tips about our candles come from our loyal fans who have been burning Honey Candles a long time. If you have a great candle rescue tip, whether the damage came from a fall or your candle behaved in a way you didn’t expect and you brought it around to burning properly again, we would love to hear about it. Tell us about your own beeswax candle rescue.