Almost two years ago we started placing written burning instructions for our beeswax pillars under the label. Every beeswax Honey Candles® Pillar you have bought since that time has come with burning instructions. We have had fewer calls from customers concerned that they didn’t know how to burn our pillars properly. We consider the inclusion of burning instructions for the pillars a part of good customer service. Now we are going to do the same for our beautiful beeswax taper pairs. In the future all Honey Candles® Taper Pairs will have burning instructions under the label. This is Desiree, from our candle shop with one of our taper pairs showing you the instructions which you will find under the label.
To get the best performance from your beeswax tapers please follow the instructions that we provide. If you already have a set of Honey Candles® Taper Pairs that you purchased before the instructions were added here are the details:
HOW TO BURN YOUR CANDLESTICK
- Candlesticks include Tapers, Bases, Columns and Tubes.
- They must fit snugly in a secure holder before lighting.
- The wick should be trimmed to ½” before lighting. Do not cut too short as this may cause the candle to drip. It melts the wax, but does not burn it up. Too long results in flickering and incomplete combustion. If smoking occurs or a carbon cap develops on the tip of the wick, extinguish the candle by snuffing, trim the wick and relight. The wick size does matter!
- IMPORTANT If you do not care for the wick as above, a piece may fall off and slide down the side of the candle causing dripping and possibly a second flame.
And there is more…
- We do not use chemical additives to harden the outside edge of our candles to prevent dripping. Under most conditions beeswax candles are virtually dripless, however all candles are sensitive to drafts.
- When a candle flame is exposed to draft, it may start to flicker. If your candles drips, extinguish it, remove candle from the draft and relight.
- Forced air furnaces, ceiling fans, quick movements and open windows may cause drafts.
- For more information visit our blog.
NEVER LEAVE A BURNING CANDLE UNATTENDED
That’s it! Has this been helpful? We consider adding instructions to our beeswax Honey Candles® Taper Pairs another step forward in providing excellent customer service.