More and more people know about natural beeswax candles. When Honey Candles was a ‘young’ company we spent a lot of time educating people about the benefits of beeswax candles. Now, more people already know it is the healthier candle choice and are just looking for the best beeswax candle to burn. However, if you are just finding out about the benefits of burning beeswax candles there are a few things you should know.
- They are non-toxic
- When burned properly and maintained correctly beeswax candles burn cleanly with no sticky, black petroleum based soot
- Beeswax candles while burning make the room smell pure and fresh
- They are naturally long burning without additives
- They are virtually dripless in a draft free environment
- They burn with a warm amber light that has been compared to natural sunlight
- They create ambiance
- They do not go rancid like soy wax and palm wax candles may
- They help us to unwind, it has been said that burning a pure beeswax candle before bed helps to achieve a more restful sleep
- Burning beeswax candles benefits beekeepers and encourages them to keep and manage our most important pollinator
Beeswax candles are going to cost you more but an important point in this list is that they are naturally long burning. There are no toxic additives to make them burn longer like you might find in paraffin candles. Beeswax produces a longer burning candle naturally so you will find that in the long run they are good value and the cost per hour to burn beeswax is not as high as you might think. We have calculated the burning costs here based on our retail prices on our on-line store.
We think that beeswax candles are the perfect non-toxic candle solution for your family. As always we advise you to make sure you burn your candles safely and NEVER LEAVE A BURNING CANDLE UNATTENDED. You can read more about candle safety at the Canada Safety Council site. By the way I don’t agree with them that all candle wicks should be trimmed to a ¼ inch, only pillar wicks. You can read more about why I think that is bad advice for all candles here:
If you are concerned about your family’s health consider Honey Candles® beeswax Birthday Candles as well. They burn longer than traditional paraffin birthday candles. This ensures you get great birthday photographs and because they are totally non-toxic (we use enviro-dyes in the colored birthday candles) you don’t need to worry if they drip on the icing! Check out our traditional 3 inch beeswax birthday cake candles and 6 inch skinny beeswax Gala Candles!
Leave a comment